Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Weekend recap

For the most part I haven't been able to get on to my blog-site because I was either watching General Conference or David had to computer to write his 12-page essay. He completed it Tuesday morning at 2:30, I know, I was there.

Not much has happened beyond that. David and I have been discussing a poem that I like, he introduced it to me through a song that used Lord Alfred Tennyson's The Lady of Shallot as it's lyrics. We talked about it, listened to it and read it a few times. I find that I actually do love poetry, but poets like e.e. cummings and those of the last half-century made understanding poetry to be an elite occupation. I like to analyze a poem, but if I can't even understand the words it becomes a little hard and I give up. That and there is too much poetry that is the same because teenagers believe peotry is deep and therefore dicuss shallow conceptions of what love and commitment are.

It's getting to te end of the semester, I am glad and sad at the same time. Some classes I want to continue on and others I wish would just go away. This May I have the musical and two classes to worry about and enjoy. And June has another class itself. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment