Thursday, April 23, 2009

I love my mom....

I am sitting here and typing on a keyboard that has an "h" key and doesn't move back and forth on a wobbily, scary stand...

Yes, we have a new laptop.

I have to get use to the quirks on this one, but it seems to be running well. It was really slow at first, but David and I took off the excess programs that we really didn't need. Like the ridiculous amount of DVD playing-software.

It's been a bit of a struggle for David and I this week. We've been burnt out this week by classes and projects that are coming due- David in particular, has had to write three essays that total about 30 pages. Which creatively and analytically is a challenge. He's been having the biggest issues with the latest essay. He hasn't had the will to write it.

Today we had a problem because I didn't know how to help him. It was hard, but after praying separately I sat down with him and did something logical. We wrote out the requirements for the paper in an outline form and then he study out the answers to the outline. Now that he has begun I can hear him talking about the cool things he's learned about Thomas Hardy and the Victorian and Modern periods of British writing. (I told him that he was more excited about the essay and then explained how I could tell. He was actually talking to me about the content of the essay instead of avoiding it.)

I am excited. I finished a play and I don't really have to sit for more than 3 exams. It's pretty nice. One is acting, one is drawing and the last... er... second is French. French is the only Final I'm really worried about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment