These last couple of weeks have been an interesting exploration for David and me. David has been teasing me about my unusually large vocabulary. (I don't try to get it, or show off, but often when trying to clarify something that David says I use a word he isn't familiar with.) He claims that I look at the dictionary, choose a word and then find some way to work it into our conversations.
Anyway, he had several essays that were due the last couple of weeks and since the other people who had volunteered to proofread were unable to... well, I have a decent grasp of the English language, a large vocabulary and I am trapped. Anyway, I proofread David's essays, reorganized and clarified what he was trying to say, or made him retype something that he hadn't explained.
How does this all relate? Well, the other day, half-asleep after staying up until 4 a.m. writing my play and proof-reading David's paper, he suggested that we write a book together.
I have often wanted to write a story, but my ability to create complications and write for sustained periods of time is severely limited. David is able to write very well, but he has his own limitations. Maybe, possibly we would be able to lift the problems out of each other's work and create something really awesome.
I don't know, but I am excited.
That's really cool, by the way. Sorry I am only just now commenting. Anyway, there are some awesome helps around for generating and refining story ideas. I'll look around and see what I can find.
ReplyDelete