Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Today was UP

There are days that are down, the whole month of February is like that for me; There are days that are up. Today was an up day, after two down days.
It started with my being able to wake myself up after 4 hours of sleep and get in enough time to make a sandwich before I caught a ride to school. All my homework was done and I was prepared for class.
The jogging portion of the day wasn't so up, but I finished it.
Actor Movement was so UP it's hard to really believe it. I've been working on a monologue from Saint Joan by George Bernard Shaw. I've been memorized but after extensive talks with both Professor Stoddard and Professor Smith it's been concluded that I do all the preparatory work, but I can't let go of it and so my acting is preconceived and planned, not in the moment. I asked Professor Smith what I could do to improve and he said that he had an idea in mind to help me live in the moment. I asked people to sit in a circle and the n Professor Smith gave them some instructions to be interactive with me. When I walked back into the class I was instantly aware that there was a difference and certain members of the class began heckling me. One was offering help the whole time, but I would accept or reject depending on what the hecklers were saying. It was amazing!!! It was like a trance. I had the words already, they were so embedded in my mind that I couldn't not respond that way, but wow.
There are two moments that really stand in my mind. One was after I had said "Give me that writing" I had to struggle to get it as it was being past from one person to another and after I got it there were so many hecklers that I couldn't focus on it and it was getting me really flustered. I ended up shouting my next line in order to shut them up. "Light your fire!"
I felt that maybe there was more of a disconnect toward the end because I had made a decision and I was no longer bothered by the hecklers. It started a little before it should have I think... but now thinking on it I can work more to be in the moment. I really think I had a breakthrough today!!! If I can get to that point more of the time I would be totally thrilled.

Art was fun. I was able to talk competently about Vincent Van Gogh and his contributions to the art world. Once I study out an artist I respect their point-of-view more and can appreciate their work a great deal better. That and we have finally moved on to drawing faces, I can't tell you how exciting that is for me. (Note: Study Cy Twoymbly)

Art History was interesting, though a little argh! because of someone in the class making inane comments. We learned about Heironymous Bosch and it was really interesting to see what he painted. I might want to study him more on my own.

French was fun, I actually did my homework in advance so I understood it more than I do when I don't study or do my homework.

Unfortunately I was a bum and didn't go to institute. I was late for it so I decided to read up on the Visiting Teaching message (crud. my companion and I forgot.) I had a nice talk with Elder and Sister Cochran about marriage and other things about culture. I need to do better about being more spiritual. Oh and Bishop Stewart demanded that I take a bouquet of flowers home with me. I grabbed the rest of the daffodils too because I find that I really like them. They are so bright and yellow.

After that I went and talked to Professor Stoddard about my breakthrough and talked a little about my play and what would make a good inciting incident and things of that nature. Playwriting was funny when someone in the class had people read aloud a weird scene about poop. It was based on true events so it was a little horrifying (don't go to Macabee's EVER.) We read my scene through and I think I need to make a note of the things Professor Stoddard says so that I can adjust it later, right now I think it might be more important for me to write things out instead of rewriting. On, note to self: play due on April 16.

I talked to Becca and then I talked to Darla. I love her so much. David revealed some of my inner drama about self-doubt and she just shook me and told me to stop it. All in all. We went to Food Lion and she got Dr. Pepper and let me have one. She's going to have a stressful rest of week, I feel sad because she's so great.

I got back and did BodyFlow. BodyFlow is really fun: yoga, pilates and tai-chi. I sweat so much, but I can already tell that there is improvement, though my balance needs work. After that David allowed me to take him to the weight room so I could do my shoulder excercises. With him there I felt more encouragement to increase my weight load. I have to fight to do 50 LBS. on bench press but I was able to increase alot of other weights. And I did incline sit-ups with the medecine ball. Oh, AND I was able to finally do tricep dips... grr. evil. (Note: Sandra told me "more reps:: less weight= more muscles; less reps::heavier weight= more tone")

Finally we came home and I went down to visit Josh and Kat, unfortunately they are on WOW all the time (any time I stop by anyway.) But Kat's sister Sandra stopped by, even though I thought she was really abrasive at first, I've found that she is really sweet and intelligent. We bonded today over bodyflow, Van Gogh and Barbies. It was fun.

Now David is being really sweet and allowing me to blog all of this when I should let him write his paper.

The moral of the story: I had a really UP day.

Oh and I've been figuring out that I didn't really learn anything before I was married. I absorbed stuff sure, but I think I've been making leaps and strides in really learning about things since after I got married. My mind isn't consumed with trying to find a mate anymore and it's freed up alot of brain power that was previously devoted to that.