That phrase just struck me. I was reading the gems that I get in my e-mail and the title to one of them was that phrase. It seemed beautiful and hopeful to me. I need to remind myself that everything is a process, a journey, in this life rather than a destination. Even if I choose not to pursue acting or art outside of college, it was a journey that uplifted and inspired me.
I want to be in a better place. I am already in a good place, but I want to strive for a little more calm, a little less clutter, even more love.
I was looking for a blog that I could read that would inspire me to make good decisions with the amount of clutter I allow into my life. (I know I have too many clothes... I am reconciling myself to the fact that I have too many books.) I didn't find it earlier... all I remembered or knew was "FlyLady" and that approach wasn't what I was looking for. And there were a bunch of sites of "how-to." If I need to how-to, I'll get to it, but I wanted a companion for the journey and couldn't find one.
Today I happened upon one by looking at a couple of really good blogs. It's called the Unclutterer. If I were a better blogger I would link the website, but it will come up in google-reader no problem. I'm already more excited to unclutter my home.
Now if only I could find someone who blogged about homework so I could get jazzed about that as well.
On becoming more calm, you should just ask David to spill cold water across the table and into your lap everytime you are in public. It will prepare you for dealing calmly with it when you have children.
ReplyDeleteI've found this trip switch in my brain that just doesn't respond to anything. Phillip knows what's happened when one of the kids has spilled something because I calmly ask him for a napkin.
OK, I'll admit I did gasp loudly the other day when M dropped a mirror and it shattered. That was more because I had 3 pairs of bare feet to worry about and could find no words, but needed immediate help. Phillip came.
Screaming never helps, unless you are actually in mortal danger.