Monday, March 15, 2010

A birthday gift

My mom saw these little tiny books in a store and because she is enamored with the idea of small she bought three. She later decided to give them to her daughters for their birthdays. I got the little green one with a grasshopper on the cover.

It was a very cute, tiny little book and I loved it too, but I didn't really see the need for it in my life. (I have too much stuff as it is...) But then I realized that the little notebook would fit with my scriptures... it's micro mini. It's small enough that I can feel free to write down the little pithy quotes that I like so much and the things that come to mind when I am in institute or Sunday school. Having a large book makes me feel like I need to write large things and I get intimidated. A small book is perfect.

I've been thinking about the Doctrine and Covenants a lot lately. I've been reading them (though I am not on track with finishing them soon... I was supposed to be done today.) But it struck me that the feelings and the vocal tone that you get when you read the D and C is VERY different from what the Book of Mormon is. This isn't a new observation, but it is just another testament of the translation of the Book of Mormon.

Anyway. that's that note... I thought it was interesting.

Brief update of general life: I finally got to feug shui my master bedroom. (I use the term feug shui as a verb meaning "to reorganize furniture in a room.") It was nice and it helps me feel better when I get to reorient my surroundings. I have to do this at least once every 6 months or I feel stagnate. I will probably be happiest in a fixer-upper.
I went to the Smithsonian... the Freer and the Sackler exhibits got me excited about art again. I need to visit Art museums more often. It refreshes me.
In all, it was spring break... it was refreshing to do something a little different.

No comments:

Post a Comment