We had friends over tonight and it was a lot of fun. They brought over their niece and we did a FHE lesson with them.
At first it was a little off-setting because we didn't know they had their niece until today, but then they brought over a girl my youngest sister's age.
It comforted me a little, because I was able to interact with her and have fun with her and she had fun with us as well. She wasn't ready to leave yet when our friends had to go.
I've always been just a little afraid that I would be a stuffy mom. Not because I had that example, but because I was always afraid that I wouldn't be able to pare down my knowledge to a level that my children would understand and have fun with. Kids can understand big words, but sometimes it's a little hard to comprehend big words. This month I've had two experiences that have helped me realize that I'll be more than able to be with children. (The other experience was playing with our neighbor's 3-year old son on the 4th of July.)
I am grateful for those experiences. Now I just have to balance hanging out with kids and adults as well as making David more accessible to our kids when they are young.
No comments:
Post a Comment