I verbally detox. If I am stressed, upset, depressed (fill in appropriate blank) I have to talk my way around the feeling. I try to intellectually grasp what is going on with me and what are the natural reactions that I am feeling and the reactions that I want to cultivate feeling.
When I want to do a crafts project, it needs to be a ridiculously huge for me to complete it... I work best on things that will either take only one day to finish, or take several months. Approximately 6 months to a year. I've made baby blankets (at least a couple), a few afghans and my doctor who scarf with pockets.
When it comes to personal achievement projects, I need a deadline. I cannot wrap my mind around reading the scriptures everyday, but by golly, I can read the Book of Mormon in a month.
With the last two things, I need to set out to achieve it. I need to make it a goal to actually try for and it doesn't bother me. This type of outlook would be rather frustrating to someone else.
I am an alien to myself. I don't think I entirely know myself, but I am working on a deeper understanding of who and what I am. At least I am able to give instructions on how I react so my husband is better able to comfort me when I need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment