I love Maymester. It's a rush of adrenaline the entire time, and I get focused enough to do my homework (30+ pages of sociology textbook reading a night!) so it's really awesome. My lines for Act one are mostly memorized, I have to work on the parts of the songs and of course... the blocking/choreography. The challenges for the play are being taken care of. I'm wearing the 3-inch heeled victorian boots that I'll be wearing in the play, so I don't fall flat on my face during the performances. I hurt alot the first night because there is no padding in the boots, but David got me some gel inserts that take some of the pressure off the ball of my foot.
I'm ahead in the reading and tonight I might be able to start on my short story. I just need to find out if I'm actually needed in rehearsal today.
Plays motivate me to get my homeowrk done... it's a little wierd.
Doing your homework is a little weird? Just think...if you don't, you're wasting your money. You're paying someone else to assign and check homework for you, so don't squander it! (Try that on for weird...)
ReplyDeleteIt is sad but true for me that I didn't find the learning style that fit me until after I finished college. I am a graph and diagram person I memorize and master information by handling data in the detail. If I had known this younger.... I never thought I was good at memorizing, dates, connections... How did I even graduate High School?
ReplyDeleteI hope to go to Grad school someday and hopefully this self awareness will come in handy. :)