I'm a nanny. I expect to get sick since children are beautiful little vectors of disease and mayhem, surprisingly I've only called in sick once before in the last year and a half because I had stayed up most of the night from being bloated.
Yesterday, I felt bloated, an hour later as I got up for work I felt nauseous and dizzy. I went to the bathroom, walked toward my bedroom and BAM! I woke up on the floor a couple seconds later. (My doctor told me this was when I should have gone to see her.) I get up, call in, try to sleep it off (and wake periodically to drink more water), wake up again, vomit, sleep, wake, drink, sleep, wake bathroom, BAM! Again with the fainting. This time I wise up, call the doctor and get sent to urgent care where it takes the nurse 30-45 mins to find a vein in one hand... they stick it through so they spend more time looking for a vein in the other hand. My veins were so small they had to use an infant IV connection.
I get set up with 2 liters of fluid and sent home. Now I am told to rest for the next couple of days and recover. I'm done with internetting, now I need to do something else. I'm thinking about making bentos for Alpha.
Crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment